Just wanted to let everyone know that the screencast for Session 02 of the Summer of NHibernate series has now been posted for download (see below). For more details on this and the other sessions, please see this post.
Session 2 (6/18): EXPLORING QUERY METHODS AND SYNTAXES
- Extend the data access classlib from session 1 to include additional query methods to return Customers from the database using all the different query approaches supported by NHibernate
- Demonstrate the Criteria API syntax to retrieve using the NHibernate.Expression.* statements
- Demonstrate QBE
- Code retrieval method that takes a customer and returns all matches to that example object
- Demonstrate HQL queries
- Polymorphic queries
- Demonstrate Projections in queries
As before, the screencast and the related source code sample is available for download on the 4shared.com drop.io site. Also as before, the ZIP file with the AVI exceeds the max single filesize supported by 4shared.comdrop.io (100 MB) so I have divided the ZIP file into three sub-100MB parts; you must download all three parts of the multi-part ZIP file in order to extract the video of the screencast.
Also as before, comments, feedback, suggestions are welcome.
Download links for Session 02
- Summer of NHibernate Session 02 Screencast Part 1 of 3
- Summer of NHibernate Session 02 Screencast Part 2 of 3
- Summer of NHibernate Session 02 Screencast Part 3 of 3
- Summer of NHibernate Session 02 Code Sample
Note that as with all of these screencasts, to successfully view them on your computer you will need to download and install the TechSmith Camtasia Codec.